Back pain is one of the most common but neglected complaint. It can have many causes and is a major root of disability. In most cases back pain can be resolved by following home remedies and practicing yoga.
The importance of yoga has been recognised since ages, and yoga is known to cure many ailments. However, it is important that yoga is practiced slowly, focusing on the movement of the breaths, and with concentration. Apart from relieving the pain, it will help you gain inner peace and good health.
Before we move on to the yoga poses, let us see some of the common symptoms of back pain
Common signs and symptoms:
- Muscle ache and stiffness
- Pain radiating to your legs
- Pain that aggravates on walking or bending
- Shooting pain
- Stiffness in the back or neck
Here if the back pain is related to osteoarthritis, yoga can help.
Yoga will help,
- Strengthen back muscles
- Improve flexibility
- Uplift mood
- Improve the blood flow
Some of the simple yoga poses that you can do to strengthen the back are:
1. Trikonsana (Triangle pose)
- Since it resembles a triangle, hence called trikonasana, is known to stretch the muscles.
- It strengthens your legs, knees, arms and chest, and helps relieve anxiety
- Helps improve digestion, relieve neck pain and back pain
2. Ardha Matsyendrasana
- This asana stretches your shoulders, neck and hip
- It strengthens your spine and gives you relief from backache
- It also helps relieve fatigue and improves digestion
3. Balasana (Child’s pose)
- It stretches your back and knees and helps strengthen your spine
- Helps relieve neck and back pain
- Helps relieve fatigue
- This pose strengthens your knees and ankles
- It strengthens your back
- It calms you and relieves anxiety
Practice these yoga asanas under expert supervision and do not try them if you are pregnant or if you have any injury.
Along with yoga, you may also try- GO-365 Nutra tablets and Gel for joint pain formulated by Charak Pharma. Go-365 Nutra is a supplement for joint pain with synergistic combination of nutraceuticals, herbs, vitamins and minerals that helps keep your joints and cartilage healthy.
Go-365 ointment is an Ayurvedic ointment for pain relief with added ingredients like Wintergreen oil, Menthol, Camphor, Capsicum oil, Nilgiri oil etc. It is a natural and best ointment for pain relief.