The exam stress can have repercussions which can range from dropping out of college to suicide. Every hour, one student commits suicide in India, according to 2015 data from the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB). In 2015, the number of student suicides stood at 8,934. In the five years leading to 2015, 39,775 students killed themselves. India has one of the world’s highest suicide rates for youth aged 15 to 29, according to a 2012 Lancet report.
Exam stress experienced by a student who is big dreamer and aims to become a big achiever. Some students are just exam people – they have no trouble getting their heads down to revise and seem to fly through assessment periods without batting an eyelid. But for others exams can be incredibly stressful.
The common reasons behind the exam stress include:
- Lack of preparation and planning
- High expectations from others
- Competition from peers
- Low motivation levels
- Self-induced pressure
Stress can be one of those things that creeps up without you realizing the full impact it is having.
The symptoms of exam stress include:
- Feeling depressed, irritable or more emotional than usual
- Feelings of anxiety
- Lack of motivation
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty sleeping
- Diminished appetite
- Increased heart rate
- Shallow breathing
Following are few important tips to conquer the exam stress.-
1. Plan regular study: The most important reason for exam stress is not being adequately prepared for it, which in turn is the result of not studying regularly. So study on regular basis will definitely help you to conquer unwanted exam stress.
2. Try to get enough sleep: The 7 to 8 hours sound night sleep will help you to improve the memory and concentration. Sleep helps your brain to assimilate new knowledge into your long-term memory, so that you can recall it when it comes to test day.
3. Listen to classical music: Listening to music can create a positive and productive environment by elevating your mood and encouraging you to study more effectively and for longer.
4. Group study: The group studies always help to achieve more knowledge in shorter period of time. Sharing and discussing the study notes among the group members will help to solve your queries and boost your confidence to face exam
5. Pranayama (breathing technique): Pranayama is simplest stress relief technique. Deep breathing stimulates the release of feel good hormones (endorphins) which overcome pain and helps to de-stress.
6. Meditation: Practicing meditation is another way to maintain focus while improving both mental and physical health to reduce exam stress.
7. Yoga postures for relaxation and stress relief: Scientific studies ascertain that yoga improves concentration, respiration, blood circulation and all the other bodily systems and metabolic processes. So one should practise yoga to relax, rejuvenate and relieve exam stress.
8. Try to avoid distractions: The various online apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, etc. are biggest distraction you carry while studying. It can only results in to a significant waste of time.
9. Try out herbal supplement- COGNIUM Tablets and Syrup
The excellent natural memory enhancer, formulated by CHARAK PHARAMA, is aimed at preserving and enhancing cognitive functions. It is a blend with medhya (Cognition enhancer) ingredients which help to improve memory, attention, enhance concentration and which have antistress, anxiolytic activities. COGNIUM shows beneficial effects in mental fatigue due to exam stress and helps to boost confidence in student during exams. So try these simple tips to beat exam stress and have bright success in exams.
ALL THE BEST!!!